April 27, 2009

Shred: Day One

I bought another Jillian Michaels workout dvd. I figured since I can only huff and puff my way through 20 minutes of her hour-long ones, I might as well go out and get her 30 Day Shred dvd. It's only 20 minutes long and has three levels. I guess you do 10 days or so on each level.

I've been reading really great reviews about it (heck, 1019 people reviewed it on amazon and it got 4 and a half stars out of five..), and of course, reading the success stories get me motivated.

So day one today. Nearly died. I am sad and pathetic. I finished with shaky arms and legs and I swear in the shower I was trying to wash my hair but was having trouble raising my arms. That's just level one. /-:

I'll let you know how it goes. I'll take my measurements after 10 days at level one. As for weight, eh, I hope I can lose a good number by mid-may.....maybe 155-ish?? I don't know. I'm not doing so hot on my April weight loss goal since I haven't exercised since before my horrid illness.

I will say that despite that, I have maintained my 5 pound loss, so I'm still at a cool 162.

Little steps, people.

4 comments:

  1. Good for you, Sam. I don't have the discipline to do exercise tapes. That's why I had to pay money for a class. Then I feel guilty enough so I have to go! Yay! My main motivator is guilt. All around. Kinda sad.

    G

    ReplyDelete
  2. pilates work well too. and of course you have to ignore the excruciating pain at the first week. One thing I don't like of Pilate is that my body was tone but no curves. And I want curves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guilt or revenge work for me for motivation. However, I also have chunk shame, so paying for a class just wouldn't be good for me. )-:

    Pilates may have to wait until I bit more in shape. And as for excrutiating pain, I'm totally there with this 30 Day Shred. I woke up this morning and my legs hurt soooooooo bad. I don't really want to do the workout again today, but I'm going to attempt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, do it. Endure the excruciating pain to get a hot body. If I decide to visit you sometimes this summer, I want to see real change. :D

    ReplyDelete