January 5, 2009

Not so good day...

Okay, so I vowed yesterday to get up this morning and workout...well, it didn't exactly go so well. I *DID* get up at 5 am. I *DID* put on my workout gear. I *DID* get on the elliptical. And that's where it ended. I started to work out, but I was so unbelievably tired and blah that I could only manage a few minutes. I got off and felt a little ill and then vowed that I would not do that again for a very long time.

The 5 o'clock hour is not a good time for me to do anything--I've come to this realization and am accepting it. Perhaps after I get into some semblance of shape and have more energy, then maybe I can get up before work and exercise. But not right now. UGH.

I told myself I should exercise when I got home, but after almost falling asleep on the way to work and on the way home, I realized that I would just not worry about it today. I'm okay with that. It was the first day back at work after a week and a half, so I'm not going to beat myself up over it.

However, I will exercise when I get home tomorrow. Yep.

Other than that, I did okay on the eating part until lunch. I had a salad and some chicken, but then I added 3 cookies, 2 chocolates and 2 handfuls of white cheddar Cheez-its (damn those delicious things!).

To not beat myself up about this day, I'll focus on the positives:
I took my vitamins this morning.
I had a good breakfast and a good snack (oatmeal for breakfast, 2 hard-boiled eggs and tomatoes and carrots for snack).
Although I had the extra crap I shouldn't have eaten at lunch, I still didn't do that bad today overall.
I did make good on my promise to get up at 5 and attempt to exercise--shame I just can't do it right now.

A not so good day, but a not so terrible day. What can you do?

PS...I actually got on the scale today and was shocked that I weighed my highest weight EVER. Now I have to lose 35 lbs instead of 25. What a freaking bummer! But I'm not totally depressed and discouraged. I'm going to lose that weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment